MediaEquals goes live across entire UK regional press market
MediaEquals, the online media marketplace, is now running across the dominant players in the UK and Irish regional press market, and has been hailed by Local World chief executive Steve Auckland as a potential game changer.
Gary Goodman: chief executive of MediaEquals
Its dominance across the regional press market follows the decision by Local World and Johnston Press to get together with other publishers and join the MediaEquals network.
MediaEquals is a trading platform that offers real-time reporting and campaign management, and integrates with media owners' back-office systems.
Sales teams using the MediaEquals platform can book print and digital ads across more than 2,000 titles.
Some believe the automisation of trading could spell bad news for media agency traders, but others believe the two can work together.
Jo Blake, head of print and radio investment at Arena Media, said: "MediaEquals puts all of regional press in one place, helping us transact this important medium for our advertisers."
Auckland, chief executive at Local World, the newly-formed company which acquired Northcliffe Media from the Daily Mail group, believes the service could prove a game changer.
He said: "MediaEquals dramatically cuts back office admin for everyone, enabling sales and buyer teams to develop more productive relationships and work closer together to deliver even better media solutions for our advertisers."Follow @joneddyreynolds
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- MW - Senior Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 per annum, Buckinghamshire
- Crisis Management PR Specialist Network Marketing £45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits, Manchester
- Senior Manager Digital Marketing EMEA Stopgap £60000 - £70000 per annum, South East England