Spar signs first athlete endorsement deal with Jenny Meadows
Spar UK has announced a three-year endorsement deal with British athlete, Jenny Meadows, to support its long-running sponsorships of athletics in the UK and in Europe.
Jenny Meadows: pocket rocket signs deal with Spar UK
The deal with Meadows marks the first time the company has ever entered into an individual athlete endorsement deal.
The 800m runner, nicknamed the "pocket rocket", won bronze at the World Athletics Championships in Berlin last summer and followed this up with silver at the World Indoors in Doha.
Meadows will be working with Spar UK to promote its Summer of Sport campaign and will feature on Spar's revamped website.
Meadows will be making several personal appearances per year for Spar and will feature on advertising and point of sale until May 2013. The deal was negotiated on behalf of Spar by MEC Access.
Adam Margolin, head of marketing support for Spar UK, said: "Not only is Jenny a fantastic athlete with more medals to come, she’s also incredibly down to earth.
"Her 'girl next door' image fits perfectly with our local convenience message and her athletic success will enhance our healthy credentials alongside our wider support of athletics in the UK and in Europe."
Spar has been principal sponsor of the European Athletics Association since 1996 and a sponsor of UK Athletics since 2004.
Spar appointed MEC Access to handle its sponsorship account in March. It was previously handled by Fast Track.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Senior Designer Duke Circa £40k - £43k , London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...