Publicis Groupe acquires Brazilian digital agency AG2
Publicis Groupe has acquired Brazilian digital agency AG2, which will lead to the network's digital arm in the region Publicis Modem being renamed.
Orlando Marques: chief executive of Publicis Brazil
Publicis Modem currently has 1,400 staff over 40 offices across the world.
AG2 chief executive Cesar Paz will continue to lead the agency and will now report to Orlando Marques, chief executive of Publicis Brazil. The financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
The acquisition is part of Publicis Groupe’s commitment to invest in digital in high-growth markets. Digital activity in Brazil grew by at least 40 per cent each year between 2004 and 2008, according adspend forecasts from ZenithOptimedia.
Launched in 1999, AG2 has its headquarters in Porto Alegre, with offices in São Paulo and Pelotas. The agency has major clients including General Motors and one of the biggest banks in Brazil, Bradesco, and employs around 170 communication specialists.
Publicis Groupe has nearly 750 employees in Brazil. The group is present through its brands Publicis Worldwide, Saatchi & Saatchi, Leo Burnett, VivaKi (Digitas, Razorfish, Starcom MediaVest Group, ZenithOptimedia), and MS&L Group.
Last week, Publicis' profits for the first half of the year leapt by 27.5% to €213m (£178m). Maurice Lévy, chairman and chief executive of Publicis Groupe, said the move into digital had given the company a decisive lead over competitors, along with its investment in emerging markets.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)