Jack Black stars as Gulliver in new Orange Gold Spot ad
Jack Black is the latest Hollywood star to appear in the long-running "don't let a mobile ruin your movie'" series of ads for Orange.
Jack Black: stars in Orange cinema ad
The latest outing is a cross-promotion for Black's forthcoming film 'Gulliver's Travels', a 20th Century Fox film.
It features the actor recreating the famous section from the book where Gulliver is captured by Lilliputians.
In the middle of acting out his big scene, Black looks over and sees that the island set features an Orange Phone Shop.
He stops acting and starts a speech about how he won't be tricked into being in an Orange phone ad, only for the Lilliputians to recapture him and make him perform silly dance moves.
The ad launches today in the Gold Spot, meaning it is the last ad shown in mainstream cinemas before any non-family film.
The ad was made by Fallon and creatives Sam Hibbard, Graham Storey and Phil Cockrel. It was produced by Partizan and directed by Jeremy Konner.
It is the second ad since Orange reworked the series. The first used actors from 'The A-Team', also a 20th Century Fox film.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)