Stylist magazine celebrates first year's worth of covers
Shortlist Media's Stylist magazine is celebrating its first birthday with a spread inside this week's issue of all the 53 covers it has published in the past 12 months.
Since its launch on 7 October last year, Stylist has featured Hollywood stars Angelina Jolie, Penelope Cruz and Jennifer Aniston on the cover as well as Hilary Clinton, comedienne Tina Fey, some Christian Louboutin heels and a basset hound.
Glenda Marchant, Stylist publisher, said: "As we reach our first birthday it's an understatement to say that Stylist has had a phenomenal first year.
"The speed at which readers have engaged with our thoughtful, quality journalism – unique in an otherwise celebrity-flooded weekly market – has been incredible, and we constantly receive feedback from women congratulating us on smart, fresh content that's relevant to them and their lives."
Despite being a free publication handed out to commuters at tube stations and major cities around the UK, Stylist continues to attract high-end fashion and beauty advertisers such as Escada, Hugo Boss, Guerlain and Yves Saint Laurent.
The weekly magazine, which is overseen by editor Lisa Smosarski, previously editor of Smash Hits and Bliss, has a latest ABC result of 421,158 copies in circulation.
Shortlist Media re-launched both the Stylist and ShortList websites last month, evolving them from a digital portal where users could read the magazines online, to sites that are updated daily and include original content.
As another mark of the magazines' success, the independent publishing company, run by founders Mike Soutar and Tim Ewington, is moving to bigger offices situated on the same street as its existing Holborn premises.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Media Officer Better Placed Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum + benefits, Leeds
- DESIGN TEAM LEADER - SURREY - £38K Salt £38000 per annum, Surrey
- Head of Editorial Compliance Telegraph Media Group Competitive + excellent benefits, London
- Digital Display Manager - Automotive - £35K Ultimate Asset £32000 - £35000 per annum, City of London