Stylist magazine celebrates first year's worth of covers
Shortlist Media's Stylist magazine is celebrating its first birthday with a spread inside this week's issue of all the 53 covers it has published in the past 12 months.
Since its launch on 7 October last year, Stylist has featured Hollywood stars Angelina Jolie, Penelope Cruz and Jennifer Aniston on the cover as well as Hilary Clinton, comedienne Tina Fey, some Christian Louboutin heels and a basset hound.
Glenda Marchant, Stylist publisher, said: "As we reach our first birthday it's an understatement to say that Stylist has had a phenomenal first year.
"The speed at which readers have engaged with our thoughtful, quality journalism – unique in an otherwise celebrity-flooded weekly market – has been incredible, and we constantly receive feedback from women congratulating us on smart, fresh content that's relevant to them and their lives."
Despite being a free publication handed out to commuters at tube stations and major cities around the UK, Stylist continues to attract high-end fashion and beauty advertisers such as Escada, Hugo Boss, Guerlain and Yves Saint Laurent.
The weekly magazine, which is overseen by editor Lisa Smosarski, previously editor of Smash Hits and Bliss, has a latest ABC result of 421,158 copies in circulation.
Shortlist Media re-launched both the Stylist and ShortList websites last month, evolving them from a digital portal where users could read the magazines online, to sites that are updated daily and include original content.
As another mark of the magazines' success, the independent publishing company, run by founders Mike Soutar and Tim Ewington, is moving to bigger offices situated on the same street as its existing Holborn premises.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...