Ids' Angus Mitchell to join Channel 4
Channel 4 has appointed Angus Mitchell, currently head of creative solutions at Ids, to the role of business manager, third party sponsorship sales with responsibility for the UKTV portfolio.
Angus Mitchell: joins Channel 4
In his new role Mitchell’s responsibilities will include delivering the UKTV sponsorship sales contract to budget in close collaboration with the rest of the Channel 4 Sales team.
Mitchell will report to David Charlesworth, Channel 4’s head of sponsorship.
During eight years at Ids, as partnerships controller and latterly as head of creative solutions, Mitchell has helped build its partnership team and worked with its editorial and marketing team to develop cross media platform solutions.
Mitchell began his career in 1995 working at pay TV broadcaster BSkyB in agency sales.
Charlesworth said: "Angus is an immensely talented individual who has been key to an excellent team performance at Ids and will be a significant asset to us moving forward."
In July UKTV announced it had awarded Channel 4 the £1bn 10-year ad contract for the UKTV portfolio, previously handled by the Virgin Media-owned Ids. Virgin Media is to close Ids at the end of the year.
James Wildman, managing director of Ids, is set to join Yahoo as its managing director and vice-president of sales for UK and Ireland in January.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London