Ids' Angus Mitchell to join Channel 4
Channel 4 has appointed Angus Mitchell, currently head of creative solutions at Ids, to the role of business manager, third party sponsorship sales with responsibility for the UKTV portfolio.
Angus Mitchell: joins Channel 4
In his new role Mitchell’s responsibilities will include delivering the UKTV sponsorship sales contract to budget in close collaboration with the rest of the Channel 4 Sales team.
Mitchell will report to David Charlesworth, Channel 4’s head of sponsorship.
During eight years at Ids, as partnerships controller and latterly as head of creative solutions, Mitchell has helped build its partnership team and worked with its editorial and marketing team to develop cross media platform solutions.
Mitchell began his career in 1995 working at pay TV broadcaster BSkyB in agency sales.
Charlesworth said: "Angus is an immensely talented individual who has been key to an excellent team performance at Ids and will be a significant asset to us moving forward."
In July UKTV announced it had awarded Channel 4 the £1bn 10-year ad contract for the UKTV portfolio, previously handled by the Virgin Media-owned Ids. Virgin Media is to close Ids at the end of the year.
James Wildman, managing director of Ids, is set to join Yahoo as its managing director and vice-president of sales for UK and Ireland in January.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Senior Designer Duke Circa £40k - £43k , London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...