InStyle augmented reality promotes new Vivienne Westwood fragrance
IPC's InStyle magazine has produced an augmented reality campaign promoting the new Vivienne Westwood perfume, Naughty Alice, from Coty Prestige, a division of fragrance giant Coty Inc.
Naughty Alice: focus of augmented reality programme from InStyle
Readers of the December issue of InStyle will be driven to the magazine's website to "Make Alice Naughty". Users are encouraged to hold a special symbol, available in the magazine, in front of the webcam to activate the cartoon Alice, who appears on the perfume's marketing material.
Visitors to the site will then see the pencil drawing of the flame-haired Alice spring to life. Alice strolls across the screen, sprays the new perfume and transforms into a mischievous and playful character. The augmented reality creative was developed by IPC Digital.
The augmented reality element is featured in a bespoke Naughty Alice microchannel, www.naughtyaliceviviennewestwood.co.uk, created especially for the launch.
The site includes details of the fragrance, a promotional video, a competition and the opportunity to purchase the fragrance from Selfridges.
An advertorial in InStyle magazine and promotions on www.instyle.co.uk drive consumers to the digital campaign. There are also digital drivers on the corresponding websites for IPC's Marie Claire and Woman & Home magazines.
Linda Swidenbank, publishing director of InStyle, said: "We’re delighted to have worked with Coty Prestige on this campaign for the Vivienne Westwood Naughty Alice fragrance. It’s a fun and glamorous creative that will achieve real stand-out – our readers will love it."
Liz Garratt, managing director of Coty Prestige, said: "We came up with the idea of using augmented reality to bring to life for consumers the fun, flirtatious spirit of Vivienne Westwood's Naughty Alice fragrance. We are very excited to partner with InStyle on this creative initiative."
The deal was brokered by Nicola Ponting, digital account director in IPC Digital, and the Coty Prestige team at OMD.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Business Director PFJ £60000.00 - £75000.00 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...