Nestlé takes on Unilever's Knorr by boosting Maggi in the UK
Nestlé is expanding one of its biggest global brands into the UK mainstream to challenge the dominance of Unilever's Knorr.
Maggi: aiming to be big in the UK
The launch will pitch Maggi against Knorr, which includes Ragu and Chicken Tonight among its sub-brands.
Nestlé has appointed Publicis London to work on a marketing strategy, with ads to run early next year. The work is likely to focus on Maggi Juicy Chicken cook-in-the-bag product. Nestlé flagged up its recent launch as central to helping lift group sales in its latest financial results.
A Nestlé UK spokesman said: 'We are at the early stages of exploring an opportunity for the Maggi brand within the culinary category.'
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Head of New Media Department for Work and Pensions Salary £60,030 to £72,880., Westminster
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire