DMA Young Spark Award goes to Jane Holmes
Refreshed Direct's Jane Holmes has beaten four other hopefuls to win the Direct Marketing Association's Young Spark new talent award.
Jane Holmes: wins DMA Young Spark Award
Holmes beat four other shortlisted candidates, including Gemma Newton from Proximity London, Rob Cristie of Nationwide, Lesley Thornton of Post-switch.com and Teresa Speakman of WRM-Media.
Holmes, a data solutions manager, was handed the prize by outgoing DMA chairman David Metcalfe at the DMA Scottish Ball.
Holmes said: "Winning the DMA Young Spark Award is an amazing honour, and has made all the hard work and late nights worth it. Refreshed Direct launched 10 months ago with a mission to open direct marketing up to the wider market.
"The work that I have done on refresheddirect.com, which allows instant data access, efficient planning and budget setting, is something that I am immensely proud of."
Now in its sixth year, the Young Spark Award attracts entries from direct marketing industry's new and upcoming talent keen to make a name for themselves.
As well as taking on the title of Young Spark, the winner also benefits from the help of a top industry mentor who will provide invaluable advice and support for the entire year.
Scott Logie, incoming chairman and Young Spark judge, said: "Jane was the clear winner, with lots of personality and the sparkle we were looking for. Furthermore, she showed lots of passion for what she does, a real understanding of her industry sector and how she might move that forward in the next 12- to 24-months."
Young Spark was launched in Scotland in 2005 in memory of John Young, former WWAV Rapp Collins Edinburgh managing director, who died at the age of 38.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Creative Content Manager. Daniel Marks London £50-60k, London
- Senior Communications and Copywriting Executive Pitch Consultants £25000 - £28000 per annum + bonus and excellent benefits, Coventry
- Junior to Mid-Weight Creative Teams Daniel Marks London £30-60k, London