Goldman investment values Facebook at $50bn
Facebook has received a $500m (£321m) investment from Goldman Sachs and Russian investor Digital Sky Technologies (DST) in a deal that values the social networking site at $50bn, according to reports.
Facebook: valued at $50bn
The US bank is believed to have invested $450m in Facebook, while DST has provided a further $50m.
Facebook, which has more than 550 million users worldwide, refused to comment on the deal this morning. It was valued at $10bn in May 2009, after DST paid $200m for a 2% equity stake in the company.
The valuation has triggered speculation that Facebook could be considering an initial public offering.
Facebook's chief executive Mark Zuckerberg, who co-founded the site in 2004, was named Time Magazine's Person of the Year in 2010. He is estimated to have a fortune of $14bn.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Operations Manager Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £55,000 + Bonus, North London
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)