Goldman investment values Facebook at $50bn
Facebook has received a $500m (£321m) investment from Goldman Sachs and Russian investor Digital Sky Technologies (DST) in a deal that values the social networking site at $50bn, according to reports.
Facebook: valued at $50bn
The US bank is believed to have invested $450m in Facebook, while DST has provided a further $50m.
Facebook, which has more than 550 million users worldwide, refused to comment on the deal this morning. It was valued at $10bn in May 2009, after DST paid $200m for a 2% equity stake in the company.
The valuation has triggered speculation that Facebook could be considering an initial public offering.
Facebook's chief executive Mark Zuckerberg, who co-founded the site in 2004, was named Time Magazine's Person of the Year in 2010. He is estimated to have a fortune of $14bn.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Innovation Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England
- Digital Marketing Specialist Colyer London £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)