Goldman investment values Facebook at $50bn
Facebook has received a $500m (£321m) investment from Goldman Sachs and Russian investor Digital Sky Technologies (DST) in a deal that values the social networking site at $50bn, according to reports.
Facebook: valued at $50bn
The US bank is believed to have invested $450m in Facebook, while DST has provided a further $50m.
Facebook, which has more than 550 million users worldwide, refused to comment on the deal this morning. It was valued at $10bn in May 2009, after DST paid $200m for a 2% equity stake in the company.
The valuation has triggered speculation that Facebook could be considering an initial public offering.
Facebook's chief executive Mark Zuckerberg, who co-founded the site in 2004, was named Time Magazine's Person of the Year in 2010. He is estimated to have a fortune of $14bn.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London