Goldman investment values Facebook at $50bn
Facebook has received a $500m (£321m) investment from Goldman Sachs and Russian investor Digital Sky Technologies (DST) in a deal that values the social networking site at $50bn, according to reports.
Facebook: valued at $50bn
The US bank is believed to have invested $450m in Facebook, while DST has provided a further $50m.
Facebook, which has more than 550 million users worldwide, refused to comment on the deal this morning. It was valued at $10bn in May 2009, after DST paid $200m for a 2% equity stake in the company.
The valuation has triggered speculation that Facebook could be considering an initial public offering.
Facebook's chief executive Mark Zuckerberg, who co-founded the site in 2004, was named Time Magazine's Person of the Year in 2010. He is estimated to have a fortune of $14bn.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £52,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)