FA to pay out £500,000 to Fiat
The Football Association (FA) has been forced to pay out as much as £500,000 compensation to Fiat, after prematurely ending its commercial deal as its official car supplier.
The FA: payout to Fiat after ending commercial deal
The FA has signed a three-and-a-half-year deal with rival car brand Vauxhall to become headline sponsor of the England team, thus causing a conflict of commercial partners.
The FA did not disclose specific financial details of the amount it had to pay to Fiat, which signed a four-year deal with the FA to be its official car supplier in February 2010. Reports suggest the figure is as much as £500,000.
Vauxhall is due to sign sponsorship agreements with the three other home nations, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
The FA confirmed it had exited its agreement with Fiat. Fiat was unavailable for comment.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London