Coke and Coke Zero 'taste the same', claims TV ad
Coca-Cola is launching a Coke Zero TV campaign that showcases the brand's "taste the possibilities" ethos with a novel twist.
Coca-Cola: latest ad focuses on taste test
Coca-Cola is heavily marketing what it believes is the closeness in taste between regular Coke and its lower-calorie offshoot, Coke Zero.
It shows cinema-goers who ordered a Coca-Cola in a red branded cup cup, getting a Coke Zero instead.
The ad reveals that most of the audience were taken aback when they pulled out the black cups to find they had been drinking Coke Zero – indicating the closeness in taste of the two drinks, claims Coca-Cola.
The campaign is launching across the UK and parts of North Western Europe, following its airing in Spain and Italy.
The ad was created by Publicis and airs for the first time in the UK today.
The TV ad is part of a wider campaign that will run across digital, outdoor and print, along with in-store activity.
Zoe Howarth, marketing director for Coca-Cola Great Britain, said: "The new Coke Zero campaign encourages continued dialogue with our target audience, portraying a new and engaging side to the brand while still communicating the Coke Zero ethos."Follow @joneddyreynolds
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Online Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £23000 - £27000 per annum + Amazing benefits, London
- Agency Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Account Managers and Executives Needed Ultimate Asset £23000 - £25000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London
- PPC Senior Executive - Big Brand - PPC Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London