P&G boosts F1 presence as Gillette signs up to McLaren deal
Gillette has struck a marketing partnership with Vodafone McLaren Mercedes, as the brand's owner Procter & Gamble (P&G) looks to develop a footprint in Formula 1 and tap into its global appeal.
P&G: brand ambassador Jenson Button
The wide-ranging deal initially runs in Asia, but could be extended globally should it prove successful.
Until now, Gillette-owner P&G has not had a direct sponsorship involvement with F1 or an F1 team, although its Head & Shoulders brand sponsors McLaren driver Jenson Button.
The partnership, announced today, will run thoughout 2013 and will include dedicated TV spots, a digital campaign and a series of in-store events running in Asia to highlight the partnership.
Vodafone McLaren Mercedes team principal Martin Whitmarsh, said: "F1 has already seen several multi-national corporations come on board this year, so this partnership once again underlines the inherent and ongoing opportunity and value of entering one of the most popular and watched sports in the world."
Brands which have moved into F1 this year include BlackBerry and Emirates.
However, Vodafone is ending its long-running sponsorship of F1 after announcing it will ditch its deal with McLaren at the end of the year.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Client Account Manager Content is King c. £25k per annum dependent on experience, SW1