Domino's in talks to sponsor Football League
Domino's Pizza has emerged as a rival to B&Q to sponsor the Football League.
Domino's Pizza: launches Domigoals app last year
The Football League- which encompasses the Championship and Leagues One and Two- has been in talks with a number of companies after Npower confirmed it would not be renewing its £21m three-year deal.
Domino's and B&Q are thought to be the two frontrunners to seal a deal and an announcement is expected in the coming weeks, to begin sponsorship from the 2013/14 season.
It is unclear if the Football League has managed to increase the financial terms of the deal.
Last year, Domino's launched a football app called Domigoals, in time for the start of the football season.
At the time, Simon Wallis, Domino's Pizza marketing director said: "Pizza and football are a match made in heaven."
In March, a new football sitcom launched via Domino's Pizza UK Facebook page.
There are more than 770 Domino's outlets in the UK.
Domino's previous sponsorships include TV shows 'The Simpsons', 'Britain's Got Talent', 'Red or Black' and 'Splash'.
Domino's and the Football League both declined to comment.Follow @joneddyreynolds
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)