Facebook Home launches in the UK for Android phones
Facebook Home app has launched in the UK for Android phones, offering users the ability to have the social network embedded within homescreens for more frictionless sharing and communication.
Facebook Home's Chatheads
With Home installed, users can view Facebook news feeds without opening any apps, and use its 'Chat Heads' function to communicate with people without having to close other apps.
Launched in the US last week, it is now available from the Android Play Store in the UK for phones including the Samsung Galaxy S3 and the Note 2, as well as some HTC devices.
Facebook describe Home as "a completely new experience that lets you see the world through people, not apps".
Updates to the Facebook iPhone and iPad apps will introduce Chat Heads for messages and 'Stickers' as a shorthand for expressing emotions. Updates to the news feed will also result in larger displays for text and photographs.
The HTC First, a dedicated phone with Facebook Home built-in, will be available in the UK this summer.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- London Cluster Partnerships Manager The London Eye £37,000 per annum (pro rata), London
- Activation Executive (Contract) Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment To £30,000 plus benefits, London (Greater)