Facebook Home launches in the UK for Android phones
Facebook Home app has launched in the UK for Android phones, offering users the ability to have the social network embedded within homescreens for more frictionless sharing and communication.
Facebook Home's Chatheads
With Home installed, users can view Facebook news feeds without opening any apps, and use its 'Chat Heads' function to communicate with people without having to close other apps.
Launched in the US last week, it is now available from the Android Play Store in the UK for phones including the Samsung Galaxy S3 and the Note 2, as well as some HTC devices.
Facebook describe Home as "a completely new experience that lets you see the world through people, not apps".
Updates to the Facebook iPhone and iPad apps will introduce Chat Heads for messages and 'Stickers' as a shorthand for expressing emotions. Updates to the news feed will also result in larger displays for text and photographs.
The HTC First, a dedicated phone with Facebook Home built-in, will be available in the UK this summer.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)