Facebook Home launches in the UK for Android phones
Facebook Home app has launched in the UK for Android phones, offering users the ability to have the social network embedded within homescreens for more frictionless sharing and communication.
Facebook Home's Chatheads
With Home installed, users can view Facebook news feeds without opening any apps, and use its 'Chat Heads' function to communicate with people without having to close other apps.
Launched in the US last week, it is now available from the Android Play Store in the UK for phones including the Samsung Galaxy S3 and the Note 2, as well as some HTC devices.
Facebook describe Home as "a completely new experience that lets you see the world through people, not apps".
Updates to the Facebook iPhone and iPad apps will introduce Chat Heads for messages and 'Stickers' as a shorthand for expressing emotions. Updates to the news feed will also result in larger displays for text and photographs.
The HTC First, a dedicated phone with Facebook Home built-in, will be available in the UK this summer.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)