Condé Nast opens fashion college
Condé Nast has this week opened the doors to its branded fashion and design college, with the launch of the Vogue Fashion Certificate.
Susie Forbes: Condé Nast College of Fashion & Design principal in her office
The first students have begun work on the inaugural course at the Condé Nast College of Fashion & Design in Soho, a brand extension of the publisher's fashion magazine Vogue.
Up to 300 students a year will attend the college, which has opened with the 10-week Vogue Fashion Certificate. Other courses based on Condé Nast brands are expected to launch in future
Interior design courses from House & Garden magazine was suggested when the college was announced in 2011, but has not been confirmed.
Nicholas Coleridge, the president of Condé Nast International and managing director of Condé Nast Britain, said: "Condé Nast is well placed to enter the field of education, with the considerable authority and expertise vested in the Vogue brand.
"We are delighted to welcome our first students to our international college, and to assist in creating the next generation of talent in the fashion industry".
The Vogue certificate aims to offer its first class of 45 students a grounding in the fashion industry, with unrivalled access to the sector through the magazine's connections. The course includes practical sessions, seminars, visits to designers' studios and talks from industry leaders.
An extended year-long Vogue Fashion Foundation Diploma will launch in October with a further 45 students, including three scholarship places funded by Condé Nast. The Open College Network has validated both fashion courses.
The college is based in Greek Street, near to the publisher's London headquarters, Vogue House. Its principal is Susie Forbes, a former editor of Condé Nast's Easy Living magazine.
Forbes said: "Our alumni will leave the college with not only a vastly improved understanding of how the fashion industry works, but also a significantly more informed idea about which part of the business they wish to work in, and a greatly improved chance of attaining that goal."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London
- Category Manager - Herbs, Spices & Ready Mixes McCormick Ltd £ Competitive + Benefits , Haddenham, Aylesbury
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End