Walkers appoints Tropicana's Peter Charles as marketing director
PepsiCo has appointed Tropicana marketing chief Peter Charles as marketing director of sister brand Walkers.
Peter Charles: appointed marketing director of Walkers
Charles replaces Miranda Sambles who left PepsiCo last year to take over as marketing director of Mars Petcare.
Charles has been with PepsiCo since 2005, including holding senior marketing roles on Doritos and Tropicana.
His appointment comes as Walkers beds in launches of its latest product varieties, Deep Ridged and Baked Stars.
Charles will also be tasked with overturning falling sales of its core Walkers brand. According to Nielsen, value sales of Walkers fell 2% in the year ending December 2012.
In March, Walkers launched a TV and social media campaign, showcasing its switch to British-sourced flavourings, which featured long-standing brand ambassador Gary Lineker and his dad, Barry.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- PPC Executive - Leading Digital Marketing Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account Director - FMCG & Retail to £55k Network Career Consultants £48000 - £55000 per annum, City of London