Walkers appoints Tropicana's Peter Charles as marketing director
PepsiCo has appointed Tropicana marketing chief Peter Charles as marketing director of sister brand Walkers.
Peter Charles: appointed marketing director of Walkers
Charles replaces Miranda Sambles who left PepsiCo last year to take over as marketing director of Mars Petcare.
Charles has been with PepsiCo since 2005, including holding senior marketing roles on Doritos and Tropicana.
His appointment comes as Walkers beds in launches of its latest product varieties, Deep Ridged and Baked Stars.
Charles will also be tasked with overturning falling sales of its core Walkers brand. According to Nielsen, value sales of Walkers fell 2% in the year ending December 2012.
In March, Walkers launched a TV and social media campaign, showcasing its switch to British-sourced flavourings, which featured long-standing brand ambassador Gary Lineker and his dad, Barry.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Head of Customer and Digital Transformation Spotlight Recruitment £80000 - £90000 per annum + 30% bonus and great benefits, London
- Senior Digital Creative/Designer Pitch Consultants £35000 - £55000 per annum + benefits, Leicestershire
- Junior Account Director, Retail, Manchester Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, Manchester
- Regional Marketing Manager Mortimer Spinks £37000 - £50000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, Milton Keynes