Walkers appoints Tropicana's Peter Charles as marketing director
PepsiCo has appointed Tropicana marketing chief Peter Charles as marketing director of sister brand Walkers.
Peter Charles: appointed marketing director of Walkers
Charles replaces Miranda Sambles who left PepsiCo last year to take over as marketing director of Mars Petcare.
Charles has been with PepsiCo since 2005, including holding senior marketing roles on Doritos and Tropicana.
His appointment comes as Walkers beds in launches of its latest product varieties, Deep Ridged and Baked Stars.
Charles will also be tasked with overturning falling sales of its core Walkers brand. According to Nielsen, value sales of Walkers fell 2% in the year ending December 2012.
In March, Walkers launched a TV and social media campaign, showcasing its switch to British-sourced flavourings, which featured long-standing brand ambassador Gary Lineker and his dad, Barry.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Retail - London/Greater London - Salary depending on experience Judi Patton depending on experience, Hertfordshire / London (Greater) / London (North), London (Greater) / London (South), London (Gre...
- Digital Content Editor Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £33000 per annum, London