Mondelez launches Barny children's biscuit brand
Cadbury-owner Mondelez International is launching a bear-shaped sponge snack called Barny, marking its most significant NPD in the biscuit category since Belvita.
Barny: Mondelez brand launches in UK
Barny has already launched in France, Begium, Spain, the Czech Republic and Russia.
In the UK market, Barny will be sold in two variants – chocolate and milk – and will be supported by a £4m marketing campaign, including TV ads and sampling activity.
Barny is a bear-shaped filled sponge snack sold without artificial colours or preservatives. The products will be individually wrapped in multipacks and priced at £1.69 per pack.
Belvita Breakfast launched in 2010 with a £3m marketing campaign, featuring a TV activity fronted by radio personalities Johnny Vaughan and Lisa Snowdon.
It was claimed at the time that Belvita was the only "specially designed breakfast biscuit".
Mondelez International is the owner of Cadbury, Oreo, Mikado and Toblerone.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Digital Account Director Twist Recruitment £50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + great benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Brand Manager - Drinks Trace c. £58k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / Surrey / London (South), London (Greater) / London (West)...
- Senior International Agency Sales Manager - Mobile Salt £70000 per annum + strong bonus and great bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Research Director - Consumer Tech Trace £80k to £110k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), Londo...
- Head of Marketing The RSA Circa £60,000 per annum (commensurate with skills and experience) + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)