Mondelez launches Barny children's biscuit brand
Cadbury-owner Mondelez International is launching a bear-shaped sponge snack called Barny, marking its most significant NPD in the biscuit category since Belvita.
Barny: Mondelez brand launches in UK
Barny has already launched in France, Begium, Spain, the Czech Republic and Russia.
In the UK market, Barny will be sold in two variants – chocolate and milk – and will be supported by a £4m marketing campaign, including TV ads and sampling activity.
Barny is a bear-shaped filled sponge snack sold without artificial colours or preservatives. The products will be individually wrapped in multipacks and priced at £1.69 per pack.
Belvita Breakfast launched in 2010 with a £3m marketing campaign, featuring a TV activity fronted by radio personalities Johnny Vaughan and Lisa Snowdon.
It was claimed at the time that Belvita was the only "specially designed breakfast biscuit".
Mondelez International is the owner of Cadbury, Oreo, Mikado and Toblerone.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)