Mondelez launches Barny children's biscuit brand
Cadbury-owner Mondelez International is launching a bear-shaped sponge snack called Barny, marking its most significant NPD in the biscuit category since Belvita.
Barny: Mondelez brand launches in UK
Barny has already launched in France, Begium, Spain, the Czech Republic and Russia.
In the UK market, Barny will be sold in two variants – chocolate and milk – and will be supported by a £4m marketing campaign, including TV ads and sampling activity.
Barny is a bear-shaped filled sponge snack sold without artificial colours or preservatives. The products will be individually wrapped in multipacks and priced at £1.69 per pack.
Belvita Breakfast launched in 2010 with a £3m marketing campaign, featuring a TV activity fronted by radio personalities Johnny Vaughan and Lisa Snowdon.
It was claimed at the time that Belvita was the only "specially designed breakfast biscuit".
Mondelez International is the owner of Cadbury, Oreo, Mikado and Toblerone.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Artworker become £28K, Central London
- Online Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £23000 - £27000 per annum + Amazing benefits, London
- Agency Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Account Managers and Executives Needed Ultimate Asset £23000 - £25000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London