Lucozade unveils 'powered by glucose' spot
Lucozade Energy today unveiled a new global campaign that introduces the slogan "powered by glucose".
The TV spot first aired in Ireland and is now being rolled out across the rest of the world. The ad takes a humorous tone and follows protagonist Dan as he describes his Lucozade Energy drink to work colleagues, invoking a range of imagery including crowd surfing and crocodile wrestling.
It is part of Lucozade’s ‘Yes’ campaign and will be supported by outdoor, press, digital and in-store activity.
The campaign aims to highlight the energy boosting effects of drinking Lucozade.
Grey London created the campaign, which was the first project overseen by creative director Darren Wright since he joined Grey from Wieden & Kennedy towards the end of 2012.
Wright said: "The 'Yes' proposition is all about creating physical and emotional energy, as opposed to merely selling it. We’ve used music to great effect in the past; and now we’ve opened up the comedic side of the brand. It’s a lot of fun and adds a fresh slant to the campaign, while still feeling very on-message."
The creative team behind the ad comprised Ben Beale and Rory Forrest, while Keith Schofield directed the ad through Caviar Content.
Grey London was appointed to Lucozade Energy's ad account in September 2010, following a contested pitch. The agency replaced M&C Saatchi. Grey also has a spot on the roster of Glaxosmithkline, which makes Lucozade.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Head of New Media Department for Work and Pensions Salary £60,030 to £72,880., Westminster
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)