Facebook sets up marketing advisory board
Facebook has set up its first UK marketing advisory board, which includes top marketers from Tesco and Coke, as it looks to improve relations with brands and drive up spend on its products.
Facebook: sets up marketing advisory board
The UK advisory board will meet four-times a year and includes representatives from brands and agencies. Facebook is not paying members of the advisory board. The board includes some of the biggget spending advertisers in the UK.
Facebook said: "At Facebook we are always working to improve the service we deliver to marketers. That means being in constant contact with our industry partners, listening to their needs, and working together to help make their marketing efforts on Facebook more effective and efficient."
The board will discuss product development, campaign measurement and insights and marketing best practices.
It mirrors a similar-type advisory board in the US and comes as some express concern about Facebook’s credentials as an advertising medium.
WPP boss Martin Sorrell, for example, has stated that he is unconvinced the social network is a good advertising medium for clients.
Matt Atkinson – Tesco
Sarah Mansfield – Unilever
Spencer McHugh – EE
Jason Richards – PepsiCo
Jon Woods – Coca-Cola
Karen Blackett – MediaCom
Phillippa Brown – Omnicom
Mark Creighton – Mindshare
Pippa Glucklich – Starcom MediaVest
Rob Horler – Aegis
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Specialist Colyer London £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)
- Digital Display Executive (fashion e-commerce) Farfetch Competitive + bonus + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...