Subway replaces wraps with 'healthier' flatbreads
Subway is ditching its wrap products and replacing them with low-fat flatbreads as it seeks to offer healthier alternatives, alongside its core subs.
Subway: exchanges its wraps for flatbread offerings
Subway is supporting the rollout of the low-fat flatbreads with a £2m marketing campaign running for four weeks across TV and two weeks across outdoor advertising, along with digital activity.
The low-fat flatbreads range will comprise nine flatbreads, each containing less than 400 calories and providing one of the recommended five portions of fruit and vegetables a day.
The flatbreads will replace wrap products, which are less healthy, according to Subway.
Subway is framing the change as a move to align itself with the Government’s Public Health Responsibility Deal, which pledges to cut calories and salts from food.
The fast-food chain previously committed to display nutritional information on menu boards, also as part of its commitment to the Responsibility Deal.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London