British & Irish Lions legends feature in HSBC ad
JWT London is launching a campaign to support HSBC's sponsorship of the British & Irish Lions, featuring Lions Legends embarking on an epic voyage to Australia.
This year marks the 125th anniversary since the Lions first toured Australia. The 'Legendary Journey' campaign features Brian O’Driscoll, Jason Robinson, Willie John McBride and JPR Williams in naval costumes recreating that first journey.
The 60-second TV film, which breaks on 18 May, is supported by an interactive online film and will run in the UK, Hong Kong and Australia. The JWT global creative director Axel Chaldecott created the campaign.
He said: "In this campaign we have married the legends and the rich heritage that makes the Lions so special with a nod towards the future talent of the game with our young cabin boy – in a sense balancing the future focus of the bank with the strong Lions culture."
Andrea Newman, the global head of advertising and marketing communications said: "Legendary Journeys as an idea encapsulates our role as Principal Partner of the British and Irish Lions in their anniversary year.
"The campaign that JWT have created brings to life the heritage and pride of the Lions Tour whilst celebrating the legendary journey that players, fans and anyone following the Tour will be immersed into."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- SENIOR MARKETING MANAGER- Fashion retailer Success Digital £65000 per annum, London
- Client Director - Digital Agency - London £50-65k Adam Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Camden, London (Greater)
- Neolane Campaign Manager PFJ £300 - £400 per day, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Digital Marketing Operations Jarlett de Grouchy £45000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager - consumer products ADLIB £38000 - £43000 per annum, Cornwall