Tesco's debut London catwalk attracts celebrity audience
Tesco is hoping to put F&F on the radar of the fashion pack following its debut catwalk show at London Fashion Week venue Somerset House last night.
The men’s and women’s autumn/winter collection places more emphasis on heritage styling, featuring tartan-inspired prints, herringbone and tweed jackets, along with plunging necklines, fake-fur trims and chunky knitwear.
After all this time, it seems a good moment to let the fashion press see what we do
The £1bn clothing brand’s new season range was presented in front of an audience peppered with celebrities, including singer Alexandra Burke, who arrived fashionably late but took a pew near Tesco chief executive Philip Clarke.
Other stars at the show included 90210 actress Jessica Lowndes, TV presenter Denise Van Outen, Ex-Sugarbabe Heidi Range, actress Amber Atherton, model Jodie Kidd and Towie’s Lauren Pope.
Jon K, who has modelled for Tom Ford, is one of the models fronting the collection for Tesco.
"After all this time, it seems a good moment to let the fashion press see what we do," said F&F brand and marketing director Anita Bolger.
Now 12 years old, F&F is sold in 2,000 stores in 12 countries across the world. In Central Europe, Tesco has standalone F&F stores.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Innovation Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England
- Digital Marketing Specialist Colyer London £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)
- Digital Display Executive (fashion e-commerce) Farfetch Competitive + bonus + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)