Marketing revolution needed to catch up with technology, says Rory Sutherland
Ogilvy Group vice-chairman Rory Sutherland argues that a revolution is needed in marketing to match the past decade's digital strides, in the latest Campaign Talking Inspiration films.
Sutherland said: "In the next ten to 15 years, having had a massive growth spurt in digital in terms of what is technically possible, the next innovation will be at the other end of the tube.
"We need a marketing and human brain science revolution to match the electronic revolution."
Sutherland has shared his views on the use of Twitter, creating value, and direct marketing in the latest set of films in Campaign's Talking Inspiration series, presented by Marc Nohr.
In the videos, Sutherland said: "People themselves don’t know many of the mechanisms they use when making a purchasing decision. The fact that most of our decision-making processes are beyond conscious access seems to put most of research at a dangerous angle."
Don’t miss the outspoken vice-chairman of Ogilvy Group UK sharing his opinions in the new videos on Audi drivers, the power of a name, and how he considers himself a "mental fluffer".
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Client Services Director Dot-Gap £55k, Central London
- Senior Brand Strategist Rare Selection £75K - £100K, Central London