Stibbs to lead The Economist following Rashbass departure
The Economist Group has promoted Chris Stibbs, its finance director, to the position of chief executive, ahead of the departure of Andrew Rashbass.
The Economist: promotes Chris Stibbs
Stibbs, who currently also holds the role of managing director of the Economist Intelligence Unit, will take up the position of chief executive on 18 July when Rashbass departs.
Prior to joining The Economist Group in 2005 Stibbs was the corporate development director at Incisive Media.
Stibbs was previously the finance director of the TBP Group and the managing director of the FT Law and Tax Division. He has also served as a non-executive director of Motivcom.
Rupert Pennant-Rea, the chairman of The Economist Group, said: "The board is delighted to appoint Chris as its next chief executive.
"He has had wide experience both outside and inside the Group, and has a clear vision for the Group’s development in our rapidly changing markets."
Stibbs said: "The Economist Group thrives because of its global relevance, independence and the quality of its content delivered however customers want. It will be a privilege to lead this extraordinary company and its world-beating team."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Retail - London/Greater London - Salary depending on experience Judi Patton depending on experience, Hertfordshire / London (Greater) / London (North), London (Greater) / London (South), London (Gre...
- Studio Manager / Front of House - brand & packaging agency Gabriele Skelton £24000 - £28000 per annum, London