JWT wins £80m global Nokia account
JWT has picked up the estimated £80 million global advertising account for Nokia.
Nokia: JWT wins account
The agency picked up the brief following a competitive pitch against Bartle Bogle Hegarty and the incumbent Inferno, which had worked on the account since 2011 and was responsible for creating "the amazing everyday" campaign for the Lumia range.
JWT had an existing relationship with Nokia having been appointed as global activation agency in 2007.
The agency has been briefed with creating a new global brand idea for Nokia, which is expected to break next year.
The review was prompted by a series of management changes at the handset company. In April, Steven Overman, the vice-president of global brand strategy and marketing creation, left and was replaced by the former UK head of marketing John Nichols. The UK head of consumer marketing Adam Johnson filled Nichols’ role.
It has also restructured its business, separating smart devices and mobile phones into separate business units.
Tuula Rytilä, the chief marketing officer at Nokia, said: "In many ways, we’ve changed the way we market Nokia and our products. At the core of the Nokia brand are attributes such as quality, innovation and relevancy.
"We are excited to collaborate with JWT and come up with new and creative ideas that embody the Nokia brand and broaden the emotional appeal of our products."
"We’re confident that JWT can help us market our products in a manner that is bold, disruptive and, most importantly, resonates with consumers."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Content Marketing and SEO Manager Lynda Up to £40,000, Central London
- Partnership Manager Movember Competitive, Clerkenwell, London (Greater)
- Head of Digital Operations Macmillan Cancer Support £50,000 - £55,000 +Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Senior Account Manager The Great & The Good £35000 - £40000 per annum + great benefits , London