Colgate forced to scrap #brushswap promotion after Waterloo debacle
Colgate has scrapped its #brushswap giveaway planned to run at London's Waterloo Station for the entirety of this week, due to the brand being overwhelmed by consumers yesterday (9 July).
People arrived at
The promotion, which was set to run from Monday 8 to Friday 12 July, starting at 7am and carrying throughout the day to 9pm, was pulled after just two hours yesterday.
According to reports, the brand was inundated with consumers who started queuing at 5am to ensure they grabbed a new toothbrush.
Colgate issued a series of distressed tweets responding to consumers yesterday, stating: "We’ve been taken aback by the overwhelming response #BrushSwap. Please bear with us while we are working on a fair & equitable solution," and "We are sorry we can’t get back to you all individually, we have been a little overwhelmed :-(."
Eventually, Colgate announced it had scrapped the entire programme and has not yet issued a solution for disappointed consumers. Its last tweet reads: "We’re sorry to say that #BrushSwap won’t return to
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Planner or Brand Strategist (called Insights Manager internally) Girl Hub. Competitive, Ethiopia (ET)
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Brand Partnership Executive - GB Tourism Ireland £28,564 - £34,685 , London
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager Forster c. £40k + benefits, London Bridge Station, London (Greater)
- PR Executive - Maternity Contract AF Selection £24,000 - £30,000, Worcestershire