Facebook UK mobile users climb 22%
The number of Facebook's active monthly mobile users in the UK increased by 22 per cent year on year during June.
Facebook: social network's UK mobile users rise by 22 per cent
Facebook refused to disclose the total number of UK mobile users ahead of its second-quarter results announcement next month but, based on the statistic that 68 per cent of Facebook's global users access its mobile services each month, there could be close to 22 million active UK mobile users of Facebook.
The social network has released the UK figures ahead of a summer marketing drive to the advertising business to increase awareness of its mobile platform. It claims that users continue to use its mobile service when on holiday or travelling.
It cites US data from ComScore that Facebook users open the app between 10 and 15 times each day and that 751 million people worldwide use the Facebook mobile service. Facebook also said that the number of messages sent daily via mobile has increased ten fold in the last year.
Facebook said that monthly US active users of its mobile platform increased by 18 per cent in June. Its first-quarter results indicated that 30 per cent of its global ad revenue comes from mobile platforms.
Earlier this year, the social network launched its Facebook Home app for Android to drive increased use of its mobile service on non-Apple devices.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Paid Social Manager Lipton Fleming £32000 - £42000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Events Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Agency Account Manager/Director (Outdoor) Lipton Fleming £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + 25% bonus, London
- Head of Brand Marketing Stopgap £60000 - £70000 per annum + benefits, Surrey
- Senior Mobile Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £47500 - £50000 per annum + +£30k OTE, London