American Express to embed live Basement Jaxx gig in a tweet
Twitter will host a live stream of dance music duo Basement Jaxx's gig at Somerset House this Sunday (21 July), allowing those fans who cannot make the sold-out concert to watch the event from their homes.
Basement Jaxx: takes to Twitter for absent fans
The concert will be hosted via American Express’ Twitter feed, using an integrated video player that embeds the video into a single tweet. Users can also request a "shout out" via Twitter using the hashtag #BasementJaxxLive, with the musical duo selecting up to ten requests to be read out during the gig.
The player will work across multiple devices, including PCs, mobiles, tablets and smart TVs.
Felix Buxton, one half of Basement Jaxx, said: "We are excited to be involved in such an innovative project and to get the opportunity to play our songs, including a few from the forthcoming album, to a wider audience."
Melissa Weber, American Express’s brand and communications director, added: "We are delighted to be able to stream this hotly anticipated gig to a wider audience outside the venue. It’s another great example of working with our partners to find new and innovative ways to create enriched experiences."
The stream will be delivered by Sound Tribe Live and promoted using PR, and social media. The stream will be directed by former Top of the Pops producer Chris Cowey.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of New Media Department for Work and Pensions Salary £60,030 to £72,880., Westminster
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)