CBS Outdoor kicks off 'Guess the brand' Tube game
CBS Outdoor UK has launched a follow-up to its 'Look for longer' puzzle, with a game asking commuters to name past Tube advertisers to celebrate 150 years of advertising on the London Underground.
CBS Outdoor: unveils its 150 brands Tube-themed game
Posters on show at high-profile Tube stations from today ask people to recognise 150 brands from famous ad straplines, such as "We're better, connected" and "Never knowingly undersold".
Another poster version asks people to guess brands from product snapshots from companies that have advertised on the Underground.
Players can enter their guesses online at 150brands.co.uk, to enter a prize draw to win a year's free travel.
The game is part of London Underground's 150-year anniversary celebrations. Advertising has appeared on the network since it launched in 1863 and more than 7,000 brands have advertised on the Tube since 1995 alone.
It challenged viewers to work out which London Underground stations the 75 cryptic visual clues represented in an illustration featuring nuns, an angel and a sheep in a bathtub.
The '150 Brands' posters are being displayed at 78 stations around the capital, including London Bridge, Oxford Circus and Green Park, for the next two weeks.
Simon Harrington, the marketing director for CBS Outdoor UK, said: "Just like other cross-track adverts, this will engage with commuters just when they're standing on the platform and looking for a distraction.
"Advertising has been on the Tube for as long as the trains, tracks and tunnels – 150 years. We're already a proud sponsor of the London Underground's 150th anniversary, but this game is a great way to involve the advertising industry in the celebrations and learn about the London icon's rich heritage at the same time."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Account Manager - Communication/ Branding to £35k Network Career Consultants £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Global Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 plus Car/ Car Allowance, London