Sir Peter Blake launches world's largest art show
Sir Peter Blake, the creator of The Beatles' Sgt. Peppers album cover, launched Art Everywhere, the digital outdoor art show hoping to be the world's largest art show, at Westfield London yesterday.
Work on display
Peter Blake, The Meeting’ or ‘Have a Nice Day, Mr Hockney’, 1981-3
Lucian Freud, Man’s Head (Self Portrait I), 1963
John Constable, Salisbury Cathedral from the Meadows, 1831
Richard Reed, the co-founder of Innocent Drinks, masterminded the project, which is a collaboration between the Art Fund, the Tate galleries and the advertising and media industries. It will place more than 50 pieces of art on to 22,000 poster sites across the UK.
Outdoor media owners, CBS Outdoor, JCDecaux, Clear Channel UK, Ocean Outdoor and Primesight are all to provide free space on their digital screens to carry the art.
Richard Flintham, creative partner at 101, the creative agency involved in the project said: "I believe art makes you feel things...the biggest creative part of it [has been] to try and be the guardian of that purity"
Passersby can scan the reproductions of the art works through the Blippar mobile app to find out more information about the art on display and a link to buy re-prints through the online art shop, Easyart.
Reed said the project would help people across the country to "celebrate the creative talents and legacy of the UK".
Watch the video of the Art Everywhere unveiling above and see more video from the event in next week's iPad edition.
Watch the video of the Art Everywhere unveiling above and see more video from the event in the 15 August iPad edition of Campaign.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Integrated Account Manager Dynamic New Alliances £25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum, London
- Brand Analyst, Social Media Hasson Associates £30,000 - £35,000, Central London
- Senior Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + car allowance+ bonus, Berkshire
- Associate Director, Consumer Research Jarlett de Grouchy £38000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, Oxfordshire
- Senior Innovation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per Car/ Car Allowance, South East
- Range and Merchandising Executive Ball & Hoolahan £33,000 per annum, London