McDonald's promotes locally-sourced food
McDonald's is rolling out activity to reassure parents about the quality of its food in its latest "that's what makes McDonald's" campaign.
Leo Burnett has created the 50-second TV ad that highlights how McDonald’s food is sourced from local British and Irish farmers.
The ad launched on Friday (9 August) and introduces viewers to the "farmers of tomorrow". It depicts children playing with their farmyards of toys from sheep and tractors, to hippos and Pterodactyls.
As the voiceover talks about the different meats McDonald’s sources from local farmers, clips of children playing with the relevant toys are shown. The ad ends with the line, "Come on all you budding farmers, your nation needs you".
There will also be full-page print ads in woman’s weekly magazines to support the campaign with portraits of children playing with farmyard toys.
The creative team was formed of Leo Burnett’s Graham Lakeland as the copywriter and Richard Robinson as the art director. Sarah Dunlop directed the ad though Rattling Stick.
OMD UK was in charge of media planning and buying.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Digital Senior Sales Manager - Leading Ad Tech Business Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + 100% COMMISSION , London