Skype rival Vonage reviews UK creative and media accounts
Skype rival Vonage, the internet phone company, is reviewing its creative, media and digital accounts in the UK.
Vonage: reviews its creative and media accounts in the UK.
Vonage would not comment on the specifics of the review, but a spokeswoman for the company said that it covered creative, digital and media, and was limited to the UK. The review does not affect Vonage agencies in other markets.
The spokeswoman added that Vonage’s incumbent agencies in the UK had been invited to pitch and that she expected the process to be completed in the autumn.
For creative work, Vonage has previously worked with Profero in the UK, appointing the agency’s direct response division, Profero Performance, in 2007. Profero shot its first UK TV ad for Vonage earlier in 2013.
All Response Media is the incumbent media agency on the business.
Earlier this year, Vonage completed an agency review in the US, handing JWT its creative and media accounts.
The incumbents on the US account – reportedly worth $150 million (£95.9 million) – were TBWA/Chiat/Day and PHD, which had held the account since 2009.
In 2009, TBWA’s London office was forced to resign the £60 million creative account for Vonage rival Skype after only a month, because of the conflict created by the US office’s relationship with Vonage.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Manager - CRM Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £45,000 - £50,000, Central London
- Marketing & Sales Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £26,000 - £36,000, Central London
- Graphic Designer (10 month contract) Better Placed Recruitment £18000 - £20000 per annum, Manchester
- Online Marketing Manager - Client Side - London Major Players £45000 - £600000 per annum, London