Kellogg's brings back the French Revolution in Crunchy Nut Chocolate ad
Kellogg's has launched the latest instalment of its Crunchy Nut 'The trouble is they taste too good' campaign to promote the new variant, Crunchy Nut Chocolate.
Leo Burnett created the campaign, which was written and art directed by Ed Morris and Andy Drugan. Daniel Klienman directed the TV spot through Rattling Stick and the media planning and buying was by Carat.
The 30-second ad is set at the height of the French Revolution, and features two aristocrats hiding from the revolutionaries beneath the floorboards of a luxury Parisian chocolate shop.
As the fearsome leader of the 'Sans Culottes' stands above them, interrogating the shop’s owner about their whereabouts, the hiding aristocrats’ lives depend upon their absolute silence.
However, the chocolatier’s attempts to shelter them are undermined by an unmistakable crunch sounding from their hiding place. Crunchy Nut Chocolate has proved irresistible for one of the pair.
As his companion stares at him in fear and disbelief, he makes his excuse, saying: "They are chocolatey! Chocolatey!"
The hiding pair and the chocolatier are carted off to the guillotine with one of them still managing to eat his cereal, despite having his arms bound, as the braying crowds call for their blood.
As the shadow of a guillotine falls, the voiceover reminds viewers: "The trouble is they taste too good".
The TV ad, which launches today, is supported by an interactive game hosted on the brand’s YouTube channel.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Visual Merchandising Manager (Retail, Fashion, Creative, VM) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + Negotiable, Hertfordshire