Virgin Media signs Christine Ohuruogu as Glasgow 2014 ambassador
Virgin Media has added to its list of athletics brand ambassadors with the recruitment of British world champion sprinter, Christine Ohuruogu.
Christine Ohuruogu: recruited by Virgin Media
Ohuruogu, who won gold in the 400m and bronze in the 4x400m relay at last week’s World Athletics Championships in
The Olympic gold medallist will appear in forthcoming Virgin Media marketing campaigns, as well as making appearances at brand events.
The brand is looking to bolster its association with athletics ahead of the Commonwealth Games in
Jeff Dodds, chief marketing officer at Virgin Media, said: "Christine has consistently shown that the rest just can’t keep up with her incredible speed so what better ambassador for Virgin Media and our superfast broadband? She’s part of a stellar ‘Team Virgin Media’ and will be a great representative for us as we look ahead to Glasgow 2014.
Last week, Virgin Media signed up footballer Peter Crouch for an ad campaign to promote the availability of BT Sport channels on its platform.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- SR DESIGNER Red Sofa London £40000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Junior Web Developer Fill Recruitment Ltd up to £22k + benefits, Colchester
- Social Media Account Manager Fill Recruitment Ltd up to £40k + benefits, Colchester
- Digital Project Manager AF Selection £30,000 - £35,000, West Midlands
- Conceptual Creative E3 Media Limited £35,000 - £45,000 per annum depending on experience, Situated in the creative quarter of Bristol