Celebrity Big Brother is back with 3.3m
'Celebrity Big Brother' kicked off with a peak audience of 3.3 million viewers last night, equal to the first episode of last summer's celebrity series but down from the first episode in January this year.
Celebrity Big Brother: hosts Rylan Clark, Emma Willis & AJ Odudu
According to unofficial overnight figures, the first episode of the Supercasino.com-sponsored series had an average audience of 2.66 million between 9pm and 11pm across Channel 5 and Channel 5 HD, a 14.2 per cent share.
When Channel 5 +1 is included, the programme's average audience rose to 2.83 million.
This series' celebrities include controversial former football pundit Ron Atkinson, the actors Vicky Entwistle and Bruce Jones who played the Battersbys in 'Coronation Street' and the former model Sophie Anderton.
The peak audience was equal to the 3.30 million peak the first episode of last summer's 'Celebrity Big Brother' series but was down from the 4.5 million peak that the show's January 2013 opener achieved.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Editorial Compliance Telegraph Media Group Competitive + excellent benefits, London
- board director > DIRECT RESPONSE EVANGELIST collectivo to £90k + bens, LONDON
- Director of Marketing Greenwich School of Management Circa £80,000 per annum package + bonus , Greenwich and Greenford, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Brand Manager Amnesty International Secretariat £52,464, WC1X 0DW
- Head of Creative Services [Fill Exclusive] - Unique London Agency - £100k+ Fill Recruitment Ltd £100k+, Central London