Levi's appoints Jennifer Sey as global CMO
Denim brand Levi's has appointed Jennifer Sey as its global chief marketing officer, filling a vacancy that had been unfilled for 18 months.
Levi's: Jennifer Sey is appointed global chief marketing officer
Sey moves from her role as senior vice president of e-commerce at the brand into the global CMO position, which had been vacant since Rebecca Van Dyck departed for Facebook in February 2012.
Van Dyck had spent almost a year working at Levi’s, during which time she oversaw the brand's first global campaign, "Go Forth," in 2011.
Now Sey – who joined Levi Strauss & Co in 1999 – will be responsible for marketing strategies across all of Levi’s brand categories, reporting to executive vice president James Curleigh.
She previously worked within the business as senior vice president of marketing for the Dockers brand and vice president of global marketing for the Levi’s brand, leading the global re-launch of Levi’s 501jean in 2008 and the global repositioning of the Levi’s women’s business with the introduction of its Curve ID "shape not size" initiative.
Curleigh said: "We are evolving the Levi’s brand leadership team to include a global product creation, merchandising and marketing structure to help increase our share of consumers’ closets around the world."
Other management changes include the appointment of Karyn Hillman in the newly created position of chief product officer for the Levi’s brand. Grant Barth, current head of the men’s merchandising team for the Levi’s brand, will take the newly created position of chief merchandising officer.
Jonathan Cheung, current vice president of merchandising for men’s tops, will be the new head of design for the Levi’s brand.
"We are confident that the changes we’re making will allow us to build on the brand’s heritage, expand the relationship with our loyal fans and continue to create innovative product solutions to connect with a new generation of fans," added Curleigh.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Freelance Senior Producer Purple Consultancy £250 - £300 per day, London
- Integrated Project Manager Purple Consultancy £250 - £350 per day, London
- Award Winning ATL Creative Agency looking for a talented Account Manager - up to £34k Fill Recruitment Ltd uo to c£34k, Central London
- Artworker - Creative Senior Major Players negotiable, West London
- PR SAE, Media/Marketing Services, London, £25k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 per annum, London