HMV hires Patrizia Leighton as marketing boss ahead of ecommerce launch
HMV has hired Warner Home Entertainment marketer Patrizia Leighton as its marketing director to replace Mark Hodgkinson, who was made redundant by administrators Deloitte.
HMV: hired Patrizia Leighton as marketing director
The retailer has been without a marketing director since February after it announced mass redundancies, but is now in the process of making a raft of new hires after Hilco Capital saved it from administration.
Leighton spent almost six years at Warner Home Entertainment and held the position of senior customer marketing manager prior to joining HMV. She has also worked at Carphone Warehouse and Virgin Megastores.
Her appointment coincides with Hilco hiring James Coughlan earlier this month to head up HMV Digital, its upcoming ecommerce offer.
HMV will launch the first phase of its new digital offering in early October as Hilco seeks to turnaround the fortunes of the ailing retailer.
Coughlan has eight years of experience within digital entertainment and previously oversaw the growth of Vodafone’s digital business.
He has also been a consultant for the digital entertainment offers of Samsung, Channel 4, Ministry of Sound and Universal.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Amnesty International Secretariat £52,464, WC1X 0DW
- Head of Editorial Compliance Telegraph Media Group Competitive + excellent benefits, London
- board director > DIRECT RESPONSE EVANGELIST collectivo to £90k + bens, LONDON
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Digital Manager PFJ £34000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London
- Digital Project Manager - freelance roles, £350 per day, at least 3 - 6 months work MODA consult £350 per day, Central London