The X Factor peak audience up 400k to 10.3m
Sharon Osbourne's return to 'The X Factor' helped the ITV show reach a peak of 10.3 million viewers on Saturday night, 400,000 more than tuned in to the first episode of last year's series.
Sharon Osbourne: returns to The X Factor
According to unofficial overnight figures, 'The X Factor' had an average audience of 9.20 million viewers across ITV, ITV HD and ITV +1, a 41.9 per cent share and up from an average of 8.7 million for the same episode in 2012.
An average 8.78 million watched the show between 8pm and 9.30pm on either ITV or ITV HD.
Osbourne, who has replaced N-Dubz singer Tulisa Contostavlos, was joined on the panel by the returning judges Gary Barlow, Louis Walsh and Nicole Scherzinger.
The first episode of 'Stepping Out', the new celebrity dance competition, also aired on Saturday. The show featured Laurence Llewelyn Bowen, Brian McFadden and Denise Welch dancing with their real-life partners.
The show has been scheduled to boost viewers to the channel ahead of 'The X Factor'. It had an average audience of 3.75 million across ITV, ITV HD and ITV +1 – a 22 per cent share.
In one the changes to this year’s series, the first episode on Saturday featuringthe audition rooms and was followed on Sunday by the same people, including Croydon teenager Hannah Barrett, performing at in front of an arena audience. Last night’s show got a peak audience of 11.2 million viewers across ITV, ITV HD and ITV +1.
The hour-long show had an average audience of 9.94 million viewers, a 39.1 per cent share and the most-watched show of the evening.
he Sunday show’s peak audience was up 1.2 million viewers from the second episode of 2012 and an increase of two million viewers on the first Sunday show of the 2012 run, which was aired in week four of the series.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Market Intelligence Executive- Client-side Elizabeth Norman International £28000 - £38000 Per Annum, Brighton
- Senior Account Manager Gemini Search £35000 - £38000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Media Officer Better Placed Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum + benefits, Leeds
- DESIGN TEAM LEADER - SURREY - £38K Salt £38000 per annum, Surrey