Kiss and Garnier team up to find next top radio host
Garnier Pure Active is partnering Kiss UK for the latest edition of the station's 'Chosen One' competition to find the "next big thing" in radio presenting.
Kiss: searches for a new radio star
The skincare brand will sponsor the contest, which kicks off today and offers Kiss listeners the chance to win a three-month freelance presenter contract with the Bauer Media-owned station.
Blackberry sponsored the first Kiss Chosen One in 2011 and Giffgaff was the sponsor last year.
Garnier Pure Active will have co-branding across all elements of the two-month campaign, including on-air trails and sponsorship on the stations website Kissfmuk.com.
It will also have sponsorship presence at the live auditions in September and October, which culminate at a 'Presenter Academy' event where the top 25 entrants will go head to head.
Promotional activity will increase around the event, with trails showcasing the contestants and driving listeners online to look at the entries. A public vote will then determine the final five contestants, before the judges select the winner.
Kiss Chosen One starts today with online content featuring competition judges explaining what they are looking for in a new presenter, giving tips and encouraging listeners to submit a video entry.
Previous winners have included AJ King, who won the competition's first edition in 2011 and now hosts a show on Kiss four nights a week. Over 4.4 million adults listen to the station each week, according to Rajar.
Liz Cunningham, the head of commercial programming at Kiss, said: "We are delighted to be working with Garnier Pure Active to search for the fresh face of Kiss – our next Kiss presenter.
"Now in our third year, it's always a really emotional journey, and it gives Garnier Pure Active a great opportunity to work with us to uncover fresh new presenting talent, and give them a potentially life-changing opportunity."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Account Manager - Ad Operations - Media Trading Company Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + bonus, London
- Account Manager - Digital Propel £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent benefits, London
- Senior Planner > Integrated thinker > GAME CHANGER collectivo Up to £55,000 with benefits, London
- Retail Display Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, Benefits: + benefits, Lancashire
- Senior Communications Planning Manager PSD Group Up to £70,000 + Car, Bonus & Benefits, London