Absolut links with artists for global marketing project
Absolut is teaming up with four "cutting-edge" creatives for a new brand campaign that aims to "inspire artistic transformation around the world".
Absolut: new campaign features creatives
‘Transform Today’ debuted in the US, Brazil and Germany yesterday and will launch in other markets over the autumn, winter and spring. It features two French artists, creative and musician Woodkid and designer Yiqing Yin, American digital media artist Aaron Koblin and Brazilian graphic novel illustrator Rafael Grampá.
The four creative collaborations will be unveiled via a TV, press and online campaign. Additionally, the Absolut site will host artist profiles with intimate videos that introduce the creators, the ideas that inspire them, and the goals of their work.
In the UK, social media, eCRM and digital pre-rolls will be running over the next fortnight, introducing four back-stories presenting the artist’s view on transformation.
Beginning in November, the artists will open up their creative processes for global audiences both online and at interactive events. The initiative will offer participants the opportunity to "explore their own creative potential" through a variety of media.
Adam Boita, marketing controller for Pernod Ricard UK, said: "For 30 years – ever since our first art ad was created by Andy Warhol – globally renowned artists have made amazing works inspired by our iconic bottle. Now through this new brand platform, we are transforming the way we collaborate with artists whilst actively pushing the cultural scene forward."
As well as Warhol, Absolut has worked with artists such as Louise Bourgeois and Damien Hirst, and more recently with Spike Jonze, Swedish House Mafia and Jamie Hewlett.
Meanwhile, Diageo’s Smirnoff vodka returns to TV this September with a new ad (see below) as part of a £4.5m campaign for its Smirnoff Gold variant, and signature serve, Smirnoff Apple Bite.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Online Marketing Executive - global business services giant Perfect Marketing People To £25k, Manchester
- Digital Marketing Manager Salt £40000 - £50000 per annum + bonus, London
- Trainee Account Executive Michael Page Digital £16000 per annum, Guildford