Renault appoints ex-Harley Davidson marketer amid restructure
Renault has restructured its top-tier management involving the creation of two new divisions to accelerate "ongoing progress".
Michael van der Sande: joins Renault as senior vice-president of marketing
Alongside the existing finance, human resources and CEO divisions, Renault has created a performance function and a competitive division.
Jerome Stoll has been appointed as the chief performance officer, in charge of Renault’s sales and marketing function, and co-ordinating the group’s regions of Europe, Euromed-Africa, Eurasia, Americas and Asia-Pacific.
As of 1 October, the current senior vice-president of marketing Stephen Norman will be replaced by Michael van der Sande, who will report directly to Stoll.
Sande joins from Aston Martin and is a former Nissan and Harley Davidson marketer. Renault said Norman’s new position will be announced separately.
Thierry Bolloré has been promoted to the position of chief competitive officer, and is tasked with reinforcing the development of a range of products, improving competitiveness, and increasing quality and profitability.
Both Bolloré and Stoll report to Carlos Ghosn, chairman and chief executive of Renault.
Ghosn said: "Our objective was to take fast, transparent action by putting in place a clear and simple organisation.
"The aim is threefold: to accelerate and expand our ongoing progress, to ensure performance at group level and to give the regions more responsibility."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Marketing Commercial Analyst - Graduate Brand Recruitment £23000 - £25000 per annum + benefits, Oxford
- Senior Account Manager Digital Gurus £27000 - £35000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Platform Sales Group Account Director Ultimate Asset £55000 - £60000 per annum + +comm, London
- Account Manager Purple Consultancy £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager Purple Consultancy £35000 - £38000 per annum, London