Crispin Porter wins Turkish Airlines global ad account
Turkish Airlines has appointed Crispin Porter & Bogusky London to its global advertising account after a competitive pitch.
Turkish Airlines: Lionel Messi vs. Kobe Bryant ad from incumbent
Turkish Airlines, which handled the pitch itself, spends around £1 million a year on advertising in the UK, according to Nielsen. Crispin Porter & Bogusky is understood to have beaten 72 and Sunny, DDB Europe, Sapient Nitro, Strawberry Frog and Wieden & Kennedy Amsterdam to win the account.
According to sources close to the pitch, Turkish Airlines is claiming a global spend of around $100 million (£63 million).
Alametifarika, a Turkish agency, was the incumbent on the account. Earlier this year it created an ad featuring basketball player Kobe Bryant and footballer Lionel Messi, which became one of the most popular ads ever to appear on YouTube.
Turkish Airlines and Crispin Porter & Bogusky did not respond in time to comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Operations Manager Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £55,000 + Bonus, North London
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)