Iceland back on TV with Michael Bublé romance
Iceland is returning to screens with a new brand strategy and strapline, "Maybe it's time we met".
Iceland: new strapline
The new TV ad, created by Tom Reddy Agency, shows the characters Ben and Gemma meeting and developing a relationship over dinner together, before it is revealed that Ben is a driver for
The new brand campaign is underpinned by Michael Bublé’s song "Just haven’t met you yet," and is designed to attract new customers to the supermarket.
It marks a stark change from
Last Christmas, Iceland used the strapline "Pure Imagination" using the song sung by Gene Wilder in the original Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory film, showing a girl walking through a winter wonderland.
In September last year Iceland Foods hired former Aldi managing director Paul Foley with a brief to identify new opportunities to grow the Iceland brand across global markets.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)