Iceland back on TV with Michael Bublé romance
Iceland is returning to screens with a new brand strategy and strapline, "Maybe it's time we met".
Iceland: new strapline
The new TV ad, created by Tom Reddy Agency, shows the characters Ben and Gemma meeting and developing a relationship over dinner together, before it is revealed that Ben is a driver for
The new brand campaign is underpinned by Michael Bublé’s song "Just haven’t met you yet," and is designed to attract new customers to the supermarket.
It marks a stark change from
Last Christmas, Iceland used the strapline "Pure Imagination" using the song sung by Gene Wilder in the original Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory film, showing a girl walking through a winter wonderland.
In September last year Iceland Foods hired former Aldi managing director Paul Foley with a brief to identify new opportunities to grow the Iceland brand across global markets.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Operations Manager Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £55,000 + Bonus, North London
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)