Iceland back on TV with Michael Bublé romance
Iceland is returning to screens with a new brand strategy and strapline, "Maybe it's time we met".
Iceland: new strapline
The new TV ad, created by Tom Reddy Agency, shows the characters Ben and Gemma meeting and developing a relationship over dinner together, before it is revealed that Ben is a driver for
The new brand campaign is underpinned by Michael Bublé’s song "Just haven’t met you yet," and is designed to attract new customers to the supermarket.
It marks a stark change from
Last Christmas, Iceland used the strapline "Pure Imagination" using the song sung by Gene Wilder in the original Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory film, showing a girl walking through a winter wonderland.
In September last year Iceland Foods hired former Aldi managing director Paul Foley with a brief to identify new opportunities to grow the Iceland brand across global markets.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire