Iceland back on TV with Michael Bublé romance
Iceland is returning to screens with a new brand strategy and strapline, "Maybe it's time we met".
Iceland: new strapline
The new TV ad, created by Tom Reddy Agency, shows the characters Ben and Gemma meeting and developing a relationship over dinner together, before it is revealed that Ben is a driver for
The new brand campaign is underpinned by Michael Bublé’s song "Just haven’t met you yet," and is designed to attract new customers to the supermarket.
It marks a stark change from
Last Christmas, Iceland used the strapline "Pure Imagination" using the song sung by Gene Wilder in the original Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory film, showing a girl walking through a winter wonderland.
In September last year Iceland Foods hired former Aldi managing director Paul Foley with a brief to identify new opportunities to grow the Iceland brand across global markets.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)