VW recreates A-ha's classic 'Take on Me' video
Volkswagen (VW) goes back to the 1980s in this US TV ad based on the video for A-ha's classic single "Take On Me", using rotoscoping to tell the story of a VW driver attempting to evade a sinister mechanic.
VW: recreated A-ha's classic video
The manufacturer promotes the distracting qualities of its "Carefree Maintenance" programme, which offers charge-free scheduled maintenance of VW vehicles in the first two years of ownership.
Brand: Volkswagen of
Client: Wayne Brannon, interim chief marketing officer
Agency: Deutsch LA
Creatives: Michael Kadin, Matt Ian, Mark Peters, Ryan Scott
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- PR Account Executive, B2B Tech, London, £22k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £22000 per annum, London
- Director Educational Enterprise Harvey Nash Competitive + attractive benefits, Birmingham
- Brand Manager - Country - Online Gaming Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £60000 - £70000 per annum, South West London
- Creative Artworker Night Shift Creative Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum + pro rata, Uxbridge