Karmarama scoops Cobra ad brief
Karmarama has won the UK creative account for Cobra, the Indian beer brand owned by Molson Coors.
Cobra: parts ways with BMB
The agency was appointed after a four-way shoot-out against JWT London, VCCP and CHI & Partners.
The incumbent, Beattie McGuinness Bungay, did not repitch.
Karmarama joins the Molson Coors roster and will start work immediately on an integrated campaign to launch in spring 2014.
Lord Bilimoria, a founder of Cobra, said the campaign aims to position the brand at the top of the UK lager category by celebrating its "impossible smoothness".
Molson Coors spends £2.4 million on UK media for Cobra, according to Nielsen. This is expected to increase to above £3 million for the coming year.
Last year, Cobra launched the "Cobra train" campaign, created by BMB, showing a train travelling through the Indian landscape.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- E-Commerce Manager Stopgap £45000 per annum, South East England
- Freelance Account Managers / Senior Account Managers, £NEG Fill Recruitment Ltd Negotiable, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per annum, London