Channel 4 hires Matt Rennie to run Box TV
Channel 4 has hired Matt Rennie, the enterprise director at Global Radio, as the managing director of Box Television, replacing Gidon Katz.
Rennie will lead the joint venture with Bauer Media, which operates TV channels including 4Music, The Box and Smash Hits. He will lead the company's commercial strategy, working with advertisers and record labels.
At Global Radio since 2011, Rennie was in charge of all "non-core" revenue including the broadcaster's TV channels, bingo products, music and book publishing. He has previously worked at SeeSaw, Virgin Media, Warner Media and Channel 4.
Rose said: "Matt is a talented and highly respected music executive with a strong background in digital, broadcasting and music.
"We look forward to having him on board to take the Box TV business forward in this rapidly changing media and music landscape."
Katz left Box Television to become the director of Now TV at BSkyB.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Recruitment Consultant Michael Page Digital £25000 - £3000 per annum, Kingston upon Thames
- Senior Community Manager Michael Page Digital £25000 - £45000 per annum, West End
- Online Marketing Manager Michael Page Digital £35000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Client Director Michael Page Digital £50000 - £55000 per annum, Leeds
- Senior Marketing Executive Network Marketing £25000 - £30000 per annum, Manchester
- Account Director - FMCG to £50k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £50000 per annum, London