Schweppes moves UK creative from W&K to Publicis
The Coca-Cola Company has moved the UK creative account for Schweppes from Wieden & Kennedy to Publicis London.
Schweppes: "at the end of the day" by Mother
Wieden & Kennedy won the account in January 2012, after the drinks brand split from Mother.
At the time, the media spend was reported to be £4 million, but no work has since been produced from the relationship. A Wieden & Kennedy spokeswoman said it worked on strategy and creative development for the drinks brand.
The switch to Publicis was made earlier in the year, without a formal pitch process. Wieden & Kennedy was given the opportunity to put itself forward for further work but declined.
Publicis is now working on a creative campaign, which will be Schweppes’s first since the "at the end of the day, there's always a Schweppes" push by Mother, which launched in 2010.
It featured a middle-class family that reacted nonchalantly to bizarre situations, such as their daughter bringing a leopard into the house, while drinking Schweppes products including mixers, lemonade and cordials.
Schweppes's UK media spend for the year to September 2012 was £936,000, according to Nielsen, on joint work with spirits company Diageo.
Publicis London declined to comment on the news.
Wieden & Kennedy continues to work on other Coca-Cola-owned brands through its network relationship with the company, including Powerade and Coca-Cola through its Amsterdam agency.
A spokeswoman for Wieden & Kennedy said: "We have a brilliantly close working relationship with The Coca-Cola Company."
Coca-Cola did not respond to requests for comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Planner or Brand Strategist (called Insights Manager internally) Girl Hub. Competitive, Ethiopia (ET)
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Brand Partnership Executive - GB Tourism Ireland £28,564 - £34,685 , London
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager Forster c. £40k + benefits, London Bridge Station, London (Greater)
- PR Executive - Maternity Contract AF Selection £24,000 - £30,000, Worcestershire