Agencies line up for Ginsters ad account
Ginsters, the pasty brand, is looking for an advertising agency after parting ways with Grey London.
Ginsters: splits with Grey
It is believed that the split is down to creative differences, although Ginsters has been largely dormant since 2011 – it spends less than £1 million on media, according to Nielsen.
Grey created the £6.5 million "man plea" campaign that sought to encourage men to eat its pasties as a hot meal. The spot featured a lone male looking straight into the camera as he made a heartfelt plea to what turned out to be a Ginsters product.
The agency won the account in 2010 after a pitch against Beattie McGuinness Bungay. It moved from Bartle Bogle Hegarty, which had worked on the business for more than a decade but declined to repitch.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Operations Manager Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £55,000 + Bonus, North London
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)