BrandMAX: 'The future of marketing will be direct' says Nectar marketer
Nectar's marketing director James Frost has claimed the future of marketing will see a world where "all communications channels will be one to one," and brands will know exactly who they are addressing on an individual level at any given time.
Speaking at the BrandMAX conference yesterday, Frost said that "the future of marketing will be direct," claiming that general TV ad campaigns will be a thing of the past, replaced with "the possibility for television [advertising] to be direct".
Meaghan Fitzgerald, head of marketing at 23snaps, said the success stories seen from companies that were once small start-ups, such as Facebook and Instagram, have solved a problem that "all companies are trying to resolve," which will result in an increasing overlap between product and marketing teams in the future.
She predicted that marketers are going to need to take more ownership in the development stages of when creating new products, which will eventually "better the product".
However, Dan Robb, European B2B marketing manager at Sony, argued that marketers need to "always have one eye on new technology and social engagement tools" while continuing to cover off the basics, such as making sure a campaign has a landing page, in order to stay ahead of the curve in marketing today.
"Knowing how consumers work and how they are engaging with these tools will put marketers in a position to know when it is the right time to deploy them for your brand," he said.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- E-Commerce Manager Stopgap £45000 per annum, South East England
- Freelance Account Managers / Senior Account Managers, £NEG Fill Recruitment Ltd Negotiable, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per annum, London